Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Planning Our Menu - Week of July 16-20

Don't you love how I post my weekly menu in the middle of the week? Let's just pretend it's my way of giving you a half a week head start on your menu planning for NEXT week. I'm giving you time to shop this week's deals to prepare for next week's meals.  Okay?   You're welcome.


Monday: Pork chops. I had some frozen from the last sale, so I thawed them out. I also had frozen a package of Kraft Fresh Takes (you know, the bags of cheese & seasoned bread crumbs. You put individual pieces of meat in the bag, shake it around, and bake it) that I used for the pork chops.  Salad.  Garlic bread.  (I think Meijer has pork on sale for $1.79/lb.  Get some!  Have them slice it.  Then freeze it.  I typically get 3 meals out of a $10 roast.)

Tuesday: Breakfast.  I took some of the turkey bacon (that I got on sale at Walgreens with a coupon for 44¢ last week) out of the freezer and cooked that up.  Added a couple omelets (I got medium sized eggs at Kroger for 88¢ and used 5 of those.  It was just the little guy and me eating last night.) and some "homemade" biscuits made from Bisquick and milk (have you ever tried those?  The biscuits were tasty, flaky, and amazing!).

Wednesday: Grilled chicken.  I pulled a package of four chicken breasts out of the freezer last night and have them marinading today (since I've already used all my Lawry's marinade, I made my own concoction: teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, pepper, and garlic).  I'll steam a little squash with parmesan cheese (squash complements of my mom's and dad's gardens), and also have some mashed potatoes.

Thursday: Ravioli with homemade sauce (more from the freezer - that I made in a sudden I-can't-believe-I-don't-have-any-spaghetti-sauce-on-hand moment).  Salad.  King's Hawaiian Rolls (I acquired these as part of a phenomenal deal I got on Wholly Guacamole, King's Hawaiian Rolls, and ground beef.)

Friday: Sea Cuisine salmon & tilapia.  Kroger had a Buy One Get One Free deal on these a couple weeks ago and I used two printable coupons.  Got 4 filets (2 per package, already seasoned) for about $7.  It's more than I typically like to pay for a meal, but I love the flavor of these, and I feel so good after I've eaten fish.  I'll add a bit of rice to this, and also make some Jell-O.  Voila!

Remember - you can download my printable weekly meal planner here.

No comments:

Post a Comment