Friday, June 15, 2012

Preparing for a Beach Vacation

We are leaving for vacation very soon.  My whole family is excited to be on the beach, meet Mickey Mouse, and spend some time just relaxing.  However, we haven't started packing.  Life's obligations get the best of me, and, well, packing seems like such a mammoth task.


This weekend I'll start.  I will!  I found this checklist from the Disney Family Fun website, and I plan to use it to get me started packing.  It seems fairly complete, and I know we'll end up packing our other "necessities" up until road trip time.


This is our first real family vacation, and I'm afraid I'm going to forget something major.


Do you have a checklist you use when you go on a trip?  Care to share it?





Now, for my review of Lawry's Mediterranean Herb & White Wine Marinade with Lemon Juice & Garlic (described as featuring "fragrant herbs like basil and oregano, along with white wine, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and sun-dried tomato").  Wowza, it was SO good!  After marinating in the fridge for 10 hours, I grilled the pork chops and served them with mixed veggies and mashed potatoes.  The pork chops were so moist, and incredibly flavorful!  I didn't have to add any salt or pepper, nor did I dip them in any condiment.  Everyone in the family ate at least one, with my daughter having two pork chops for herself!  Yep, I'm certainly a fan of this marinade.  It was SO easy to prepare our main course with this, which also made it super simple to have a "gourmet" meal within budget AND stick to a healthy diet.


*BzzAgent sent me full-sized products to try, just so I give others' my honest opinions about them.  No sales pitch - I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment