- I can use what food we already have in the house. I have a stockpile of food gathered from getting amazing deals on boxed or canned food, frozen food, and meat. We are on a super strict budget, so I use what we have on hand to make dinner.
- It keeps us from eating out throughout the week because I am too lazy or inconvenienced to plan what to eat. If the meat is already thawing in the fridge, or I already have a meal planned for the evening, I am far less likely to stray from what I have committed to.
- My family is prepared to eat what I have written down. They know what is coming! Plus, on rare occasions, my daughter might even help prep for dinner before I get home. (I did say rare occasions. We're still working on that.)
This week on the menu:
- Monday: We cheated this week. It's the kids' birthday weeks, so we used free meal coupons for them, followed by free ice cream. Hubby and I splurged on hot wings.
- Tuesday: Ravioli with pasta sauce, salad, and garlic bread. (Leftover homemade ice cream from kids' weekend birthday parties for dessert.)
- Wednesday: Hubby works late. I'll be cheating again by using two more "free meal" coupons for the kids' birthdays. (Stay tuned for next week, when the menu is a little more normal.)
- Thursday: Grilled pork, steamed veggies & cheese, mashed potatoes. Jell-o for dessert.
- Friday: Hubby works late again. Pizza, popcorn & fruit. We'll probably rent a DVD for some end-of-the-week down time.
Saturdays and Sundays are always up in the air. We typically do things with friends and family, so I don't plan much on these days unless we have committed ourselves to a gathering that requires planning!